Looking online I found a few natural remedies although none of them are 100% - I figured I could use some free if not cheap alternatives before I invest anything. Here's what I had laying around for my bunny deterrent system:
Arduino Micro
Case Fan
Motion Sensor
Tape
Plastic Wrap
Nylon String
Bread Board
Wire (solid center)
Paper Cup
Granted some of the items above are typical if you mess around with arduinos but there are a few alternative types you can make if you dont have a motion sensor, more on that later.
Before I go in how to do this just know, the goal is to have the fan trigger whenever the bunny gets to the porch or hole/burrow. This will let them out of the hole but when they return the fan will trigger, scaring them from going back in. I figured this is the most humane way of relocating them.
The Code:
All you need to do is connect your arduino, open the blinking led example program. Designate the Fan to the led pin, also you will need to open the motion sensor example program and use the code/libraries to trigger the LED when motion is detected. I can give some example code if any of you have a problem doing this, but by doing it yourself you can learn a great deal more.
The Build:
You will need to cut a small hole in the bottom of the cup, just enough for the motion sensor to stick through. We are doing this so that it restricts the view of the motion sensor to a specific area. Secure the motion sensor with tape to the cup. Use a long wire to the breadboard, leaving you plenty of room to position the sensor on the opening on the hole.
I am using string to support the deterrent device (fan)just above the opening. I put a ziptie on the fan so that it increases the spin area - more coverage of the hole.
I feel like the rest is self explanatory, honestly there wasnt much to this project. If you have questions please post them below.
No comments:
Post a Comment